The Foundation grants subsidies towards the costs of editing, translating, printing and publishing original and high quality research work in the field of current history.
The grant can cover up to 50% of the costs, in conjunction with other funds. For publication of PhD theses, applications must be sent to the Foundation within 12 months of the official submission of the thesis.
Decisions to award publication grants are taken by the Council of the Pierre du Bois Foundation.
Publication grants are awarded twice a year, in September and in February. The deadline for submission of applications is 15 June and 15 November, respectively.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and should include:
- A text situating the candidate's work within the field of current history and demonstrating its originality (1-2 pages).
- A summary of the work to be published (1-3 pages).
- A copy of the work to be published.
- A budget, with supporting documentation (e.g., an offer from an editor).
- Two letters of recommendation.